Starting a new business is exciting! Here's a checklist you'll want to consider.
- Trademark application or registered trademark. Everyone needs this.
- Pending patent application of any type: design, utility, or provisional (PPA).
- Funding, which can include crowd funding services like Kickstarter or Indiegogo.
- Copyright rights. This includes your web site and promotional materials.
- Publicity, if using crowd funding sites or if needed to attract investors.
Costs can be fairly low. Some informal rights are permitted, and every startup is different. Contact me with any questions at the email address below.
You will need to own something to have a big success. Even a trademark application can help against later competitors!
The author is a patent attorney with over 28 years experience in patents and trademarks. For further information, please email at IP1lwyr@gmail.com
, or call at 877-654-3336.